Cakes are sweethearts, we know ’cause we love cakes.
It’s all good when we can make them ourselves from the comfort of our homes.
Victoria sandwich is an amazing type of cake because it has a simple recipe, it’s not stressful to prepare and above all, it is excellently delicious! 😋
Below is the recipe. Have fun making it, enjoy the taste!
250g fat (margarine or butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons jam
1. Line two greased sandwich tins with greased paper
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease well and flour 2 cake pans.
3. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together
4. Cream sugar and butter in a mixer. Add egg and vanilla and beat for exactly 5 minutes.
5. Beat in flour mixture (in Fourths) alternately with milk (in thirds). Beat until just smooth.
6. Pour batter equally into the pans
7. Bake in moderate ovens for 30-35 minutes
8. Turn out and cool on rack
9. Spread jam on top of one of the cakes and place the other cake on it
10. Dredge with castor sugar
Butter icing maybe used for filling instead of Jam.